Thursday, April 15, 2010

Learning Concept Chosen: Memory


After reviewing the vast array of learning concepts, I have chosen to focus my research and blog on the concept of memory which I believe to be one of the most important concepts in learning. Memory plays a significant role in each of our lives and without the ability to remember, learning would not be possible. As my life has become more and more hectic due to the combination of my responsibilities and duties as a nurse, wife, mother, daughter, and now graduate student, my memory has begun to suffer due to the overload and I have become sharply aware of how memory affects the learning process. For example, the more my brain becomes overwhelmed with tasks and responsibilties the more difficult it is for me to remember even the most simple, mundane things like my cell phone number or, as scary as it may sound, my checking account number.

3 comments:

  1. I too have those temporary memory lapses. Then, when I am not trying so hard to remember something, that memory seems to come to me effortlessly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Leonard,

    I have experienced the same thing. Isn't is strange how sometimes you are not necessarily trying to remember certain things and they just pop into your head but other times you try very hard to remember certain things and it may be days before it comes to you. Our memory is an awesome and priceless gift from God! Wouldn't you agree?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan,

    Your blog is looking great. I have enjoyed working on this assignment, and I hope you have as well. I appreciate the opportunity for more variety in assigned learning activities, which always seems to make learning more enjoyable.

    Wyndy

    ReplyDelete